With apologies to David Letterman...
10. Welcome aboard Stan Drayton! The kickoff and punt return teams seem to be legitimately improved over a year ago.
9. The defense had a 33 point improvement on points allowed vs. last year!
8. For the second consecutive week there were zero camera shots of Dave Clawson looking like a deer caught in the headlights... with food poisoning.
7. Umm… we’re right where we were this time last season, right?
6. Progress: Luke Stocker did not drop a single perfectly thrown, uncontested, wide-open pass this week.
5. Progress II: Arian Foster had nothing to do with either of the devastating, momentum-shifting, game changing, soul-crushing fumbles this week. Thanks Montario! Thanks Jon!
4. Concerned about the impact the cost of fuel and the rapidly-expanding Financial Market crisis may be having on Vol fans, Fulmer has apparently decided to spare everyone the travel expenses associated with going to a bowl game.
4a. After watching Tennessee ’s offense vs. a quality SEC opponent, suddenly the Financial Market crisis and potential collapse of the entire global economy seems comparatively benign.
3. The blue-chip recruits on campus for official visits this weekend were impressed with the coaching staff, direction of the program, and all the new facilities. Of course these were all Basketball recruits, but they were impressed none the less.
2. Basketball season is less than 2 months away.
1. Projected popcorn sales for the coming weeks have caught Mike Hamilton’s attention. We all know what happens when Mike’s not happy with popcorn sales…